I have WAY too many lipglosses (as evidenced by the fact that I can no longer close the drawer my favorites are in), but it doesn't matter. I still like buying them and trying out new brands because getting a new lipgloss is my all time favorite pick me up. Who can feel sad when a great gloss has someone found its way into your bag? Not me!
Lip Savvy is a new brand to me, created by Deidra Whatley, a singer who was product obsessed enough to want to create her perfect lipgloss. She is so a girl after my own heart! And look how cute the tubes are! I mean, seriously - how badly do you want to own them with that packaging? They're cuter than 95% of the tubes I already own. (It was a very scientific study). And you can pick from several different designs when you choose your shade, so they're kind of personalized, which is nice. I tried out two different colors - Purple Rain (a sparkling fuchsia purple) and VooDoo Baby (a sparkling plum burgundy. I really liked the colors on both of them, but I absolutely loved how shimmery and sparkly they were. I could see the light catching the sparkles whenever I looked in the mirror and it was so fun. (The inner 12 year-old in me will never not like sparkly makeup). The glosses have an interesting scent to them that took me awhile to place, but I think my best guess is creamsicle. It's sort of a fruity-sweet flavor and it's yummy. The glosses themselves come in a pen dispenser, like the Stila glosses, which I like. You just have to be careful not to turn the clicker thing (another very scientific term) too many times because you don't want to waste any precious gloss. According to the Lip Savvy website, the glosses have a ton of benefits too. Here's what they list:
- Youth Maximizing Complex Serum boosts natural collagen production to visibly redefine and minimize fine lines and wrinkles for fuller, smoother, healthier lips
- Hyaluronic Filling Spheres fill in lines and wrinkles and provides instant and long-term hydration
- Complete Free Radical Protection™ technology slows progressive skin damage
- Vitamin E softens and soothes
- Scientifically advanced formula provides gorgeous, long-term plumping results pain free without irritation or numbness
- PrismaticColor technology ultilizes natural mineral quartz to give lips an ultra sexy, ultra-dynamic finish with diamond-like sparkle, vivid shine, and a gorgeous pop of color
I always like discovering new brands, so it was really fun for me to fall for these. The glosses are $18 apiece and you can buy them online at belipsavvy.com.
Note: Samples of the above were sent to me by a PR representative working with Lip Savvy